Today I made my first Youtube tutorial.
Here it is:
Last night I was looking thru Youtube trying to find some cool pen, illustrator, inking, caricature, drawing tutorials. There weren’t as many as I thought. When I watched some of them, I said to myself, “Self, you can do better than this! The artwork isn’t even that great!!”.
Well, let me tell you it was more difficult than I thought. There were so many weird sounds I make that I had no idea about. I slurp, say umm way too much, and doubled my words a lot. It was an eye/ear opening experience.
Here’s how I set it up:
- Stump Stand on top of a plastic cup
- iPod Touch laying down on the Stump Stand
- Open window shades for lighting
- Turned on my table lamp (needed more light)
I hit record and started to draw/explain my process. Well about 5 minutes in the audio cut out, then a couple minutes later the camera stopped. I don’t know how long I kept drawing and talking after that. I gave up on recording and finished inking my drawing. You can see it all in the video above. I decided to put together what I had and infuse my humor into the whole ordeal.
Here’s my editing process:
- Imported video to Photos on Mac
- Dragged video to Desktop
- Used iMovie to Edit
- Cut out most of the pauses, doubles, and slurps from the video (this took the longest)
- Exported finished video to Desktop
- Uploaded to Youtube
It was a fun experience and I will do this again soon. Let me know if you have any questions on how to make your own tutorial.